Agriculture Education/Technology Education Teacher
Phone: 920-485-4441 ext. 446
I am Mrs. Alice Kern, I teach the Junior/Senior High School agriculture and technology classes. I moved to Horicon for the 2012-2013 school year and have decided to stay. I reside from rural Richland Center where I grew up on an 80 acre beef and crop farm. I was a member of 4-H for 12 years and FFA for 8 years in high school and college.
I attended college at the University of Wisconsin Platteville and have a degree in Agriculture Education with a Technology Education emphasis.
In June of 2014, I was nominated by Section 10 Agriculture Educators the Teacher Turn the Key Award. There were 10 Agriculture Educators selected throughout the state to represent the young teachers in each section.
Please read this article published by the Wisconsin Department of Instruction's School Garden Initiave Project. If you are interested in helping or donating please contact me!
Classes I teach include the following:
- Large Animal Science (Counting for 1/2 High School Science Credit) Articulated for college credit with Lakeshore Technical College
- Companion Animal Science and Care (Counting for 1/2 High School Science Credit)
- Natural Resources Management (Counting for 1/2 High School Science Credit)
- General Horticulture (Counting for 1/2 High School Science Credit)
- Landscape Design
- Agricultural Leadership
- 7th Grade Introduction to Agriculture
- Ecology (Science and Ag. Dept) 1 year, 1 credit course
- Basic Auto & Home Service
- Small Engines & Power Technology
School to Work Coordinator
- Please contact me if you are a Junior or Senior and are currently employeed or are looking to be employed. There are options to earn credit for having a job, earn state certificates, and come to school late/leave early for your job.
If you have a concern about assignments and/or grades please check Power School.
If you would like to contact me please feel free to email me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org, I will reply the day of the email.
Please feel free to call me after school at 920-485-4441 x446 with any questions or concerns. Leave a message if I do not answer, I will get back to you in a timely matter.